The Definitive Canadian Wine and Cheese Cookbook by Gurth Pretty, Tony Aspler
- Author: Gurth Pretty, Tony Aspler
- ISBN10: 1552858960
- ISBN13: 978-1552858967
- Publisher: Whitecap Books; 1 edition (October 11, 2007)
- Language: English
- Subcategory: Beverages & Wine
- Size ePub: 1842 kb
- Size PDF: 1441 kb
- Rating: 3.5/5
- Votes: 300
- 1842 downloads at 32 mb/s
- 1441 downloads at 31 mb/s
Distinctive cheeses, their sources and matchings.
When a cheese connoisseur and an authority on wine pair up, beautiful things can happen. This is certainly the case in The Definitive Canadian Wine and Cheese Cookbook. Gurth Pretty is the author of The Definitive Guide to Canadian Artisanal and Fine Cheese, and Tony Aspler is an international wine consultant and the author of numerous books on wine. Together, these authorities have produced the essential guide to Canadian cheese uses.
A sampling of the delicious recipes in The Definitive Canadian Wine and Cheese Cookbook:
- Smoked salmon with herb and garlic chÃ¨vre panini
- The lamb burger with a dragon's roar
- Grilled whitefish with wasabi verdelait-coated soba noodles
- Port cheddar tarte Tatin.
The Definitive Canadian Wine and Cheese Cookbook not only introduces the varied cheeses of Canada, but also matches many of them to locally produced wines. In addition to the 150 recipes, there is a glossary of cheese, a guide to buying and storing cheese, and a section on the principles of matching cheese and wine. This definitive book by Canada's cheese and wine experts is a must-have for cheese lovers everywhere.